Saturday, July 7, 2012

How well u know your heritage quiz? July 7 2012 - SILE FITIH (seeking justice)

SILE FITIH  (Seeking Justice)

Bloggers Note: Name the five who had said or written the following words quoted below: 



"...the day of those who stand for justice will come, prolonged as the period of inaction may be. The dictatorships will not ultimately triumph...For your noble stand against aggression millions of people will honor you...Although the time of waiting is tedious and heart-breaking in the extreme, we shall triumph in the end."


".. If the condition of the peace is such as will satisfy the conscience and sense of justice of men, if it is assured to human kind that they shall toil and live happily under a just system in which no discrimination will be made between small and great, then the peace system that shall be laid down can leave a heritage for the coming generation which will be full of happy life and boundless prosperity."
“I have got so many privileges in life. If I wanted to be like you and give judgments on things, I barely understand I could have. However, I chose to hear the cries of my people.  I chose to leave all my power and luxuries behind to give my country a better day. I feel sorry for you people. When Ethiopia realize what you are and what you did, I feel sad to think what it would do to you. ... All I wanted was to change my country and make Ethiopia a place where people are respected and treated equally regardless of their bloodline,”
"My country men do not believe if they tell you that the patriots are bandits, the patriots are people who yearn for freedom form the terrors of fascism. Bandits are the soldiers who are standing in front of me and you, who come from afar, terrors and violently occupy a weak and peaceful country: our Ethiopia. May God give the people of Ethiopia the strength to resist and never bow down to the fascist army and its violence.  May the Ethiopian earth never accept the invading army's rule."
“The people of Ethiopia have struggled for their human dignity and rights in the past half a century.  However, the people have not been opportune to attain human and democratic rights. I, as part of this generation, believing that I, my children, and Ethiopians deserve democracy and freedom, have peacefully struggled with my capacity. I have not done this with any evil intention on anyone, have not trespassed the law, have not compromised the interests of my poor country, and never committed anything that sorrows/pains my God, conscience and the Ethiopian people. I have perfect serenity.  Longing for freedom has me standing before you now. This is not my first time when I was denied the justice ...in Ethiopian courts.  Apart from compassionately swallowing the “Sip from the grail/goblet of atrocities” that my accusers want me to drink, I am so sorry to say that I am not in a position to seek ‘Commutation of sentence’ for crimes that I did n’t commit."